Storti Spa has decided to introduce a Quality Management System that meets the requirements set forth by Standard ISO 9001:2015 for the following activities:
“Design, manufacture and post-sales assistance of sawmill systems and systems for pallet manufacturing”.
The Management sees the Quality Policy as the means of guiding the undertaking towards the continuous improvement of its performance. It forms an integral part of the company’s general strategy whose goal is the company’s economic profitability and, therefore, its presence in the market over time, and is based on the following objectives:
- Guaranteeing that all mandatory requirements with regard to the systems supplied are fully met
- Constantly monitoring the Customer’s level of satisfaction in order to improve perceived Quality;
- Implementing the monitoring of processes, the continuous improvement of the QMS and the reduction of inefficiencies in the undertaking’s organisational and technical management;
- Encouraging personnel skills, awareness and participation by being up-to-date on the technological evolution of the sector;
- Guaranteeing the health and satisfaction of the undertaking’s personnel and the creation of a constructive collaboration climate;
- Assessing suppliers so as to guarantee the quality of products purchased and subsequently supplied to the Customer;
- Continuously managing and maintaining infrastructures and equipment so as to avoid issues and downtime;
Additional quality objectives will be defined at least once a year during the Management’s review activities.
In order to reach these quality-related objectives, the Management undertakes to:
- Activate, maintain and constantly improve a Quality System that complies with the standard UNI EN ISO 9001:2015;
- Grant full responsibility and power to “process owners” to ensure compliance with the provisions of the company’s Quality System;
- Regularly monitor the quality system by performing internal audits, in order to assess compliance therewith;
- Ensure that the Quality Policy is communicated (through meetings and posted at the company), understood (checking at the end of the meeting or during internal audits) and applied at all company levels and that it is available to the stakeholders on the company’s website;
- Meet client needs by:
- Guaranteeing compliance with contractual, technical, qualitative requirements;
- Increasing the reliability of products and services;
- Consolidating customer satisfaction;
- Updating the production range with adequate and constant R&D activity
- Developing and optimising processes and know-how.
- Train and develop resources by:
- Strengthening the level of skill, professionalism, involvement and motivation of employees;
- Encouraging the company’s cultural growth and the search for the cause of problems that emerge;
- Making available adequate resources (structures, means, systems, equipment, machinery and devices) with efficacious management of investments;
- Ensuring a high level of maintenance, safety and reliability of the available means;
- Guaranteeing an employee-friendly work environment;
- Maintaining a high supplier level of performance.
- Communicate the strategy, aiming to:
- Achieve the continuous improvement of performance;
- Encourage the solution of problems and preventive action;
- Systematically measure performance to increase results;
- Consolidate the company’s structure and size;
- Increase the number of customers and understand the market’s needs.
Storti Spa has identified the external and internal factors that are important for its purposes and strategic principles and which affect its ability to achieve the expected results of its Quality Management System. This assessment can be found in the Management Review document, updated at least once a year or whenever the factors analysed change.
This analysis leads to the consequent re-assessment of the risk analysis and to the subsequent improvement plan.